Spring Creek Academy6000 Custer Rd, Building 5, Plano TX 75023Phone: 972.517.6730 Fax: 972.517.8750
Dual Credit for High School
What is Dual Credit?
Dual Credit - Credit is earned for both high school and college at the same time. Counselor approval is required.
The guidelines that follow are for classes taken at Collin College and should be similar for other programs.
• Core courses are accepted at Texas public colleges and universities.
Admission to the program:
Dual Credit is available for students who are 16 or entering 11th grade, have an A/B high school grade point average and meet Texas Success Initiative standards in reading and writing, and demonstrate the maturity level needed to be successful in college course work.
• Students complete entire admissions/testing/registration process. 1. Admissions 2. Testing3. Registration
Students are responsible for tuition, books and materials. Dual/concurrent credit high school students in their senior year may take up to six credit hours per long semester (16 week).
Students in their junior year of high school may take one, three credit hour, course per long semester (16 week).
Juniors and Seniors may take 2 courses over the entire summer; however, courses must be taken in separate sessions. (Courses with a one hour lab are included in this three hour course limit.)
Students are responsible for registering in person with Collin College (online registration is not permitted) and making payment by the deadline posted in the Registration Guide.
• Dual/concurrent credit students are not eligible for Wintermester, Maymester, web based distance education, developmental level courses, or express format classes.
• In order to maintain eligibility in the Special Admissions program, students must maintain a “C” or better in EACH course completed.
• Students under 16 years of age and not entering the 11th grade must first meet with a Special Admissions Coordinator for a referral to interview with the Associate Dean of Recruitment and Programs for New Students or the Registrar.
Spring Creek Academy • 6000 Custer Road, Building 5 • Plano TX, 75023 • Telephone: 972.517.6730 • Fax: 972.517.8750Template by RocketTheme. Site modified and developed by Fresh Ideas Marketing Solutions.