SPRING CREEK ACADEMY
STUDENT DRESS CODE/CLOTHING POLICY
Spring Creek Academy’s dress code is not intended to inhibit personal taste in attire but rather to better facilitate the process of education through reasonable guidelines in dress. This approved clothing is mandatory and may be worn in any combination of approved tops and bottoms.
• Approved clothing may be purchased from SCA Student Council at the office.
• The school dress code policy will be strictly enforced as per the discipline guidelines.
• Each student is expected to maintain good personal hygiene.
APPROVED SCHOOL CLOTHING
All clothing must be Spring Creek Academy logo apparel. All school clothing must be in good repair and appropriately sized for the student, being no more than one regular size larger than the student actually measures. Extra full, extra wide, extra long, baggy, saggy pants, tight pants or shorts are not accepted. Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times. Any shoe that poses a safety hazard is not permitted.
• Students must wear SCA logo shirts and hoodies as outer wear.
• Length must be less than 4” above the knee.
• Dress shorts; Pleated or plain front, plain or cuffed bottoms
• Nice jeans and cargo pants are allowed.
• Skirt/Skort/Jumpers must be less than 4” above the knee.
• Standard corduroy pants and capris are allowed as long as they are loose fitting.
• No garment can have excessive ruffles, bows or lace.
• Any closed toe shoe
SWEATSHIRTS, SWEATER/VESTS, AND TURTLENECKS
• Spring Creek Academy logo apparel
• Jackets worn during class time must comply with the “Tops” guide lines.
ARTICLES OF NON-COMPLIANCE
• Any clothing or article deemed lewd, vulgar, indecent, plainly offensive, or sexually suggestive
• The display of any undergarments
• Shoe skates, rubber beach thongs, or "flip-flops"
• Body piercing (earrings are acceptable)
• Bare midriff
• Spandex or leggings unless it is under an approved bottom
• Sweat suits
• Tee shirts
• Off the shoulder garments, tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, or sleeveless shirts
• Sheer or see-through clothing
• Hats, caps, or bandanas
• Extreme fads in hair
• Chains, dog collars, or spiked bracelets or necklaces
NOTE: The above dress code may be amended at any time at the discretion of Spring Creek Academy.
The purpose of school is to promote and foster a solid learning environment. Students are expected to dress in a manner which encourages this purpose. Violation of this policy will result in parental notification and appropriate school action.
Opt Out Policy
While it is expected that students will comply with the dress code, the Principal may at his or her discretion exempt students upon written request from a parent/guardian. Grounds on which a parent/guardian may seek exemption are:
• religious, cultural, or ethnic
• medical reasons supported by a doctor’s statement
Violations will be reset at the beginning of each Semester.
First Violation: Written warning needing parent’s signature. Student will not be asked to change clothes.
Second Violation: 250-word essay requiring parent’s signature. Student will be asked to change clothing. If unable to do so, hospital scrubs will be provided and must be laundered and returned the next day.
Third Violation: Parents will be called. Student will be sent home. Zeros will be given as daily grades in all classes.